The painting of Megan is close to being done! It’s time to put it away so I can come back with a fresh eye and see what it needs in order to finish it up.
Here are some of the changes I made along the way.
Photo on far left:
The background has developed: darkened the shadow. Lots of work and rework on the jacket. All of these folds are giving me fits! I am bothered by the shoulder area and the associated folds and details. This area is still to be resolved. The face continues to be developed and changed to refine the likeness.
Photo in the middle:
It’s the jacket again! I realized that the drawing was off and ended up repainting quite a bit. It’s getting closer and starting to feel like there is actually a body under there. There has been a lot more refining on the face as well as the hair. I painted the right hand. Background is coming along, but I am still not quite happy. I will continue to figure it out.
Photo on the right:
I am pleased with the changes to the background. Moving the leaves all the way across has helped as well as developing some other dark areas. The tree trunk was reworked because it was drawing too much attention. I placed a shadow along the path to balance the strong directional line of the bench. Little changes were made to the shoulder and back area which made a huge difference. Don’ t know if you can see it, but a little more volume was given to the back and the values are working much better now. Again, many small refinements to the face. It’s incredible how small the changes in value and color in many areas of her cheek, but it’s made a big difference in getting the likeness. Pale skin is really beautiful because of the color subtleties. I will post some of the close-ups.